Attorneys and Team
- Georg Götz, LL.M., Dipl.-Ing. [Graduate Engineer], Patent Attorney
- Gudrun Götz, Dipl.-Ing. [Graduate Engineer], Patent Attorney
- Jürgen Veh, Attorney
- Martin Wolff, M. Sc., Patent Attorney in Training
- The team
Georg Götz, LL.M., Dipl.-Ing. [Graduate Engineer]
- Advice on industrial property rights strategies and patent portfolios
- Employee invention law
- Licensing law and technology transfer
- Patent litigation, opposition and invalidation proceedings
- Patent infringement proceedings
- Draft and filing of patent applications and their prosecution during the examination procedure
- Electrical engineering
- Communications engineering/computer science, electronic communication technology
- Instrumentation and control engineering, measurement technology
- Electric drive technology and ignition electronics, especially in the vehicle industry
- General mechanical engineering, special machine constructions
Diploma in Electrical Engineering from Technical University of Munich (a University of Excellence), specializing in communications engineering/computer science; three years working as an electronics development engineer in the vehicle industry; passed the German Patent Attorney Examination in 1987, hired as a patent attorney in the Swiss measurement technology industry in 1988, passing of the European Qualifying Examination for admission at the European Patent Office; worked as a freelance patent attorney in northern Bavaria starting in the spring of 1988; in 2004, founded the “IP-Götz” firm with regional locations in Nuremberg/Würzburg.
From 2009 to 2011, completed a Master’s program in European Intellectual Property Rights at Fernuniversität Hagen and earned a “Master of Laws” (LL.M.). Master’s thesis topic: Place of jurisdiction for a joinder of parties in the event of parallel copyright violations in multiple EU member states.
Lectures in "Patent, design and trademark law" since the nineties at the Würzburg, Schweinfurt and Nuremberg Universities of Applied Sciences; focal points: patent and design law.
- Chamber of German Patent Attorneys
- Bavarian Patent Attorneys Associaton
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Association of German Engineers (VDI)
- Federation of Friends of the University of Applied Sciences Nürnberg
Fields of law
- Utility models as well as national, international and European patent applications
- Representation in opposition, invalidation and appeal proceedings before German patent authorities
- Employee invention law
- Design/industrial design and trademark applications
- Process engineering and life science, use of renewable energy sources
- General mechanical engineering, especially mechanics, motor vehicle mechanics
- Chemical process engineering, plant engineering
- Mechanical process engineering
- Combustion technology, engine combustion
Diploma in Process Engineering (chemical engineering and bioengineering) at Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, specializing in mechanical process engineering and design theory; worked as a research assistant at the Chair of Technical Thermodynamics, in the area of engine combustion; passed the German Patent Attorney Examination in 2017 and was accepted by the German patent authorities; currently preparing for the entrance examination for the European Patent Office. Languages: English and French. Ms. Götz joined the IP-Götz firm as a partner in 2017.
Attorney Specializing in Intellectual Property Rights
Area of activity and fields of law
- Trademark and company name protection in Germany and abroa
- Product design and graphic design protection in Germany and abroad
- Trademark and design research; freedom-to-operate (fto) analyses
- Litigation; patent, trademark, design and copyright infringement cases
- Domain disputes, UDRP arbitration
- Developing and reviewing license, know-how transfer and confidentiality agreements, R&D agreements, franchise agreements
- Unfair competition law
- Copyright protection
- Employee invention law, including representation in arbitration and legal proceedings
- Consulting for companies on building their own reporting and compensation systems for employee inventions
Mr. Veh is a lawyer specializing in intellectual property rights. As a Certified IP-Lawyer, he represents our firm’s clients in litigation cases involving intellectual property rights.
Mr. Veh studied Law at the University of Constance, with a specialization in international law. He completed part of his training at an internationally renowned legal firm on the Isle of Man. Foreign languages: English and French; since 2001, Mr. Veh has worked as a lawyer in the field of intellectual property law. In 2007, he was awarded the title “Certified IP-Lawyer” by the Nuremberg Bar Association. Mr. Veh has worked for our firm since 2004, and became a partner in January 2006.
Mr. Veh lectures regularly on trademark law at the Würzburg, Schweinfurt and Nuremberg Universities of Applied Sciences.
- German Association for Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright (GRUR)
- German Bar Association (DAV)
Patent Attorney in Training
- General mechanical engineering
- Mechatronics, electrical engineering and building technology
- Process engineering and energy technology
- Energy storage and electromobility
Mr. Wolff is receiving a comprehensive education in every area of industrial property law, especially national, European and international patent applications, trademarks, utility models and industrial designs as well as complaint and opposition proceedings.
As part of his training, Mr. Wolff is currently completing a course in “Law for Patent Attorneys” at Fernuniversität Hagen.
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering at Technical University of Munich. Studied at Universities in Munich and Southampton (UK), with an emphasis on energy technology and electromobility. Hands-on experience in the field of building technology and the automotive supply industry, among other areas. Later, he worked as a research assistant at the Chair of Energy Process Engineering at FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg in the area of biological methanation. Languages: English and French, basic knowledge of Spanish. Mr. Wolff has been part of the IP-Götz firm’s team, as a patent attorney in training, since June 2016.
Responsible for providing expert assistance and administrative support for our attorneys:
Ms. Elena Dorsch
Languages: English, Italian (basic knowledge)
Ms. Diana Bloch-Föt
Languages: English, Spanish & French (basic knowledge)
In August 2017, Mr. Marcel Nhan joined us as a Trainee for Certified IP Paralegal.